Tuesday 13 October 2015

Pressure


There are all kinds of pressures one has to deal with on a daily basis. Whether you are a teen, adult, male or female, mother or father. And often while one is going through these pressure filled situations there is always a question of "will I be able to safely and successfully, navigate my way through this?" Also the common "what will people say if they find out?"

As a natural people pleaser I often times avoided conflicting situations, went with the flow and always wondered what people thought of me and do the like me. Being liked by all was extremely important to me. 

Till I lost my mother a year ago when she lost her battle to Cancer. My gears shifted...in a big way. What was once important to me, no longer added value to my life. My loss made me more human and empathetic to others and how they felt. Societal pressures was no longer part of my vocabulary. The only thing that mattered was am I being a good mother to my son who now needs me and how do I best deal with my loss and am I doing all I can at the work place to earn my spot?

I know it's easy to get bogged down by these pressures, but allow me to share with you my truth. I can only worry about those situations I have  direct control over. Worrying about other people and their thoughts of me as an individual detracts me from my goal...maintaining my sanity through the loss of my mother and now carrying the responsibilities of leading the household where I once followed. The simple answer to how will I cope with these pressures, if there is such a thing, is this...



Many before me have done so! No one ever said it will be easy. My advice to you and inner me is "Chin up, focus on yourself and your goals! This storm you find yourself in will eventually pass and when it does, you will emerge ever the stronger individual for having seen this through."

The choice is always, a fulfilling life.

No comments:

Post a Comment