Wednesday 1 February 2012

All that glitters...


I have been in Radio for 14 years. Yes...I said it, 14yrs. Wow, what a life I am leading! I often have moments where I pinch myself.  Those moments happen so often that at this stage in my life I don't bruise anymore. (just a little known fact about me) What I have loved most about my career is that every day has been different. What I regret the most is that I don't have pictures of all of those moments, like being on stage at Micheal Jackson's HIStory Tour and The MTV Staying alive Concert introducing Usher, Alicia Keys and P Diddy in one night on one stage. Those memorable times with Jascha Richter of 'Micheal Learn's to Rock' fame, Micheal Bolton, Celine Dion and more. I can tell you I have never gagged at the thought of any celeb, that is till I met Gordon Ramsey. Please believe this talkative woman didn't even have the words to ask to have a picture taken. You will also note that the said picture is not in the blog well cos the guy I asked to take the picture was shaking more than me and all you could see was a blur. I almost died when I took a look at the picture after Gordon had left. I thought I would take this opportunity to share some of the pics I do have on file with you!

The late TK and I, we were inseparable, whether it's Cape Town/Gauteng. I miss her positive "I can do anything" attitude


Ryk Neethling and Richard Hardiman, sandwiched between two good looking men - Yes Please! This pic was taken at the J&B Met 2011

The reports are in about Derek van Dam...DAMN he is hot!
Chad Saaiman, I love his aura, what a man, what a musician!
Brian Habana, before his move to the Stormers
Loyiso Bala, what an amazing man, humble and an amazing vocalist!
The SA Legends, Jaluka!
Danny K,this was too long ago, we both still look like babies!
Clint Brink, a super talented actor and muso and so humble!
Allistair Coetzee, WP Head Coach, one of those proud moments
Dr Rey, he is FINE, but has a serious case of verbal diarrhea
We all knew he was super talented, Emo Adams just took his time in achieving his goals...Love that!
Ferdinand Rabie and Charl Langevelt a couple of years ago at the L'Ormarins Queens Plate
Loyiso Gola, he IS funny!
Gift Gwe, all that sexiness and he can sing!
Herschelle Gibbs, talented cricketer and all round naughty boy!
Jonathan Butler, our finest export and such a humble man!



Kenny Thomas, 80's Legend. That is all!

 
Lionel Richie, he told me I gave good hugs and he wasn't the first to say so!

The shoe collection alone miss Patti Labelle had at he concert had me gagging!! She like me is a slave to OPTIONS!

What an amazing time I have had and continue to have. I can truly say I have lived and the best thing is there are plenty more of these moments to come! Don't worry my phone is always charged these days!

2 comments:

  1. That TK picture is taking me back hey... So many awesome memories. Have to say a BIG thank you to you for allowing me into your life & sharing some of the best moments of my life with you... *sniff sniff* LOL. Thanks for sharing your memories! (",) MANY more still to be made ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, great memories of super special moments. Thank you for being with me through some of them!

      Delete