Wednesday 22 February 2012

It's my party and I will cry if I want to

I made a conscious decision early on in my life that I would not be one of those women who lie about their age, well mainly as I already am finding it difficult to remember my age and I don't want to one day sit back and think hard about my age like my sister did when her daughters asked her how old she really is. So when planning my party I drew up a quirky invite...


I never thought much of my age, so when people asked me I would state my age with pride! Putting it out there is what I do best! However after sending the invite I had a conversation that I did not expect when a friend called to say"Hey, are you turning 35?" Me: "Yes". Him: "Oh ok" *click* went the phone as he hung up in my ear. Thinking this a tad odd I slowly put my cell on the counter and as soon as I did he rang again saying "really 35?" Me: "yup, really, why?" *click* went the phone again. Damn it, I thought...am I really that old or do I just look good for my age? I would like to think the latter and that is where I left it.

The planning for my party started about 3 weeks prior. But things got hectic the week of. You know when you get that sinking feeling..."I need to take leave to make this happen" well that is how I felt about this bash, but I refused to let the party get the better of me! So I bucked up and did what I needed to to make it happen.

I loved my look for the night, the hair I thought about for a while, but so glad it worked with the 46664Fashion i received.
Glad my sisters Andrina and Desire could party with me!
Keeno Lee, Loyd Jansen and Chad Saaiman-great partying with old friends!
The gorgeous poet Blaque Pearl
3 of the gorgeous Davids sisters Tisha, Sasha-Lee and Terri
Gift Gwe also popped in to celebrate my birthday with me
My colleague, Mr Tapfuma Makina looking fresh!
What a special surprise, Miss Bianca Le Grange showing up to wish me and to party the night away!
Gillian from Black Pearl who helped with so many of the finer details pertaining to the venue
Egon Seconds and Conrad Jantjies, lucky me, I get a sandwich of hotness!
My photographer for the evening, the fabulous Peter Abrahams!
The girls having fun - Irit Noble, my publicist An Wentzel and my colleague Mel Jones!! 
Still going strong, Conrad, Mel, Chad, Junaid (co-owner of Black Pearl), Egon and Sebastian (co-owner of Black Pearl)
Claire Philips celebrating my birthday with me!
Really pleased my mates could be there, Ronald, Neil, PJ and Eugene
The toast...I'll drink to that!
Every girl should have a chocolate mousse birthday cake adorned with Lindt truffles, in a word..."YUMMY"
My man, Zahier! My rock and my everything!
Conversations and Lindt truffles
My party starter shooter, "taste so good makes you wanna slap yo momma"
Thanks Levi's, this was so thoughtful of you!
A huge and sincere thank you to everyone who came on board to make my 35th Birthday a special one! Thank you to 46664 Fashion for my gorgeous stripped dress that made me feel very Marilyn Monroe and the belt and bag that simply finished the look off completely. To Kiss for the delicious shooter vodka - party starter.  Laborie who kindly provided the sparkling wine that was delicious and perfect for the toast! SAB thank you for the Hansa and Brutal fruit. And a huge Thanks also to Elizabeth Arden for the Skincare the ladies received as parting gifts. Alto wine,  for the red and white wine and Lindt Chocolate...hmmmmmmm,  thank you for all the yummy truffles.



1 comment: