Friday 3 February 2012

J&B Met 2012, Made Different!

The J&B Met is synonymous with Spectacular Fashion, Delectable Dishes, Music that makes you want to "lahla umlenze" (literally to throw your leg) oh and to see the occasional horse trotting by! The most important thing about the day especially if you are in the J&B Marquee is to look fly and to make sure you fit in well with the theme.



My look for the Day



So you are asking yourself "what makes this look different?" Well for starters I got the dress and my day clutch bag from 46664Fashion which produces an interactive colorful look inspired by the life and times of Madiba. This is a Cowl Necked Maxi Dress in stretch Rayon and I love it! My hat was designed by The Little Hattery in Harrington Street, Cape Town and was uber stylish and did it's job to keep me cool for the duration of the Met. My sunglasses were provided by @PressRoomSA and are from the D&G range.  I accessorized with my gorgeous red Nine West puppies that my boyfriend forced me to buy... it was an excellent buy (but I have never told him that) the belt is from Marion Lindie and the watch DKNY from the SKeren Watch Group.

It turned out to be one of the hottest Met's by far, but the strong winds disguised it well. I had a great afternoon catching up with friends and acquaintances and when it all got too much for me i had to unwind...


This is Marianne

This is the gorgeous Marianne who gave me the best and well-needed massage - just about the most heavenly 15mins of my day! Marianne was just amazing! She had my feet feeling relaxed and rejuvenated and in no time I was ready to get back into the swing of things. Shortly after my my massage I ran into two great friends.


Tanya Nefdt and I go back many years and I love spending time with her!

Ayanda Ntini from GHfm, what a lovely spirit and soul.  I liked her from the 1st day we were introduced!

Between the 3 of us there was plenty to talk about to keep us entertained while the ladies had a touch up of make-up done. The cocktail of choice was the "Yellow Pony" that was in a word "Lethal".  I also took the opportunity to use the R20 betting voucher and the skill I had picked up a week prior to the Met at the Betting World sprint races to place a bet on the no.2 horse in Race 6. The stats were undeniable and I bet my R20 to place and won... R70! I felt great and decided to not place any more bets, cos after all, for some of us ladies who attend the Met annually it's not really about the horses; they just happen to be there too! (actually i was poep-scared it was just a fluke)


If you missed my previous blog, you would not know the love I have for shoes. Well, while hanging out in the J&B Marquee I came across a woman who shares my passion - Uyanda Mbuli!


Google her, there are photo's and videos of her gorgeous shoes, including the Louboutin's she wore on the day!

I must honestly say even though this years Met experience in the J&B Marquee was smaller, it was definitely more sociable.

















4 comments:

  1. marianne did my wax yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?no pics of me.......shocker!hehe
    What a stunner of a day......cute blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really are the social butter-Phly! lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ladies, @toothfairy next time be where i am! LOL, seriously, we will have our time lady! Thobeka, thank you! You always say the nicest things!

      Delete